Saturday, December 3, 2011

Week #4 In CEDO 550

Well the 15 minute presentation went pretty well. It was fun to "take the reins" of an online environment and try out online teaching. We are still in the middle of the asynchronous discussions, but I am amazed at my classmates' level of understanding and ability to communicate. It is awesome being around such passionate educators.

New work this week centers around changing a lesson to make it more student centered.  I have always felt that my AP Physics classroom is very teacher centered because of the amount of content that we have to cover.  This project hopefully will help me move a little away from that and into a more student centered approach. We'll shift a lot of the lecturing to presentations done outside of school and spend more in class time on the important stuff: problem solving.  In order to make this shift I'm going to be using a great app called Show Me that allows you to make small presentations from an iPad. My school has just gotten a set of 15 iPads and I have been wanting to try them out in my classroom, so this seems like a great opportunity.  If you are curious about Show Me check it out here

No comments:

Post a Comment