Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week #4 in CED 535

This week in CED 535 we are working with podcasts, wikis and crowd-sourcing.  I have been a huge fan of screencasting for quite a while, but I have only done 2 or 3 podcasts for my students.  My biggest hurdle has been trying to get the files in a place that is accessible to my students both at school and at home.  Chapter 8 of our book has given me some avenues to check out since Youtube, iTunes, and multiple Youtube clones are all blocked by my school and I have been looking for a quality hosting environment. If anyone has any other ideas, please share!

I look forward to exploring wiki use in my classroom since it has been a couple of years since we had a big wiki push that left all the students dreading the use of the term "wiki". Hopefully with the knowledge that we have been getting from these courses I can set mine up in a way that does not make it extra busy work, rather useful and meaningful to my students.

1 comment:

  1. John I too have created podcasts. However, screencasting was new to me. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to use. I'm not sure which one you chose to use, but I really liked screenr.com. I've started by site, and I too am hoping it will be useful in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete