Sunday, May 8, 2011

Starting CEDO 530: Digital Story Telling

This week we started up Digital Story Telling.  It seems like it will be a very useful class in that we are not just making iMovies and WMA files, but we are examining what makes a great story and how do we best convey that story to others.  I am very excited that we are examining "Death by Powerpoint" (the destruction of a presentation by the use of poor visual aides) and "Slideuments" (Over informative Powerpoints / Handouts) as I have been wanting to revamp some of my AP Physics presentations as they are too much information thrown at the students all at once.

To help us on our quest for perfection in presentation we have the books Presentation Zen and Digitales.  I have used the Digitales website (http://www.digitales.us/) with great success in the past and I hope that the book will be just as useful as the website.  Presentation Zen excites me as I love the idea of simplifying and streamlining activities I do to make them more effective and less time consuming

Overall I hope to learn about the ways we can make our jobs easier and more effective when we are presenting information to students.

1 comment:

  1. Yay - Physics rocks and so many fun things to do with a good story.

    ReplyDelete