Friday, April 15, 2011

Week #6 CEDO 525 - Final Thoughts

This week we finished CEDO 525.  Over all I was very happy with how the class turned out.  I thought that the focus on the applications in the classroom was just what I needed to learn about.  Even though technology initiatives are kind of stalled at the moment at work, I still have a few things like learning management systems, electronic grading and web design that i want to implement in my classroom.  CEDO 525 was great to help me toward these goals.

As part of the final project we had to change a lesson that we do into one that utilizes technology more effectively.  I changed around a bunch of things that I do in my AP Physics class when we study electricity.  I used Blackboard and a host of other technologies to better give the students feedback on their learning.  You can view the presentation below:

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that technology initiatives are stalled at your work. Hopefully with all of the free options we have discussed here you can find some small improvements that you can make without having to get approval from other groups. Even if it is just using web technologies to do a few more interactive activities in class in class, it should help to draw the students in more. Based on you presentation above it sounds like there are a number of things you already have in mind.

    ReplyDelete