Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Week #2 in CEDO 599

Well, after all of the brainstorming and feedback I have chosen to complete a Moodle site for my Honors Physics Classes to use next year. I am looking forward to using the self grading quizzes feature to get the students some extra practice and having my class notes in a password protected site for the students to use.  Here is the first draft of my SMART Goal:


I will create a Moodle Website for my Honors Physics Classes to use next school year.  The website will have 3 sections per unit: an electronic notes/activities section, an answer key section and a self grading review section.  The notes/activities section will contain 3 different formats for the work so that students can choose their own device: pdf, SMART Notebook and zipped SMART Files.  The answer key section will be adaptively released so that the answer keys come available to students as the work is gone over in class.  The self grading review section will have 20 multiple choice and/or calculation questions that will present themselves to students in a random way so that students can use the review multiple times as a way to study.  The nine units that I cover in my honors physics class will be setup in Moodle over the next four weeks and will continue to evolve throughout the coming school year.

Again, any input you have on the shape of this project is welcomed with open ears... or eyes... how does that saying translate into blog speak?

2 comments:

  1. Is your Moodle site viewable outside of those who work at or attend Greendale? I have access to a Moodle site through MPS, but if I wish to do more than one class, I need to get one of the few Moodle administrators left in MPS (if there are any) to be able to create several more sites for me. I am also not able to show the site(s) that I create to people outside of the MPS district. I'd love to be able to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John---

    This Physics Moodle site sounds like a fantastic idea. As a math teacher, I'm very much looking forward to seeing how you're going to set this up. I'm also very interested in seeing how your SMART notebook and files will work. Are you only doing this with your honors students?

    ReplyDelete