Monday, January 23, 2012

Week #2 in CEDO 555

This week we are goal setting and laying the foundation for what our portfolios will look like.  I started putting together my digital portfolio at https://sites.google.com/a/wolfmail.stritch.edu/wilkinson-professional-portfolio/ Over the next few weeks I'll be putting together a portfolio of all of the work I've done in this masters program. I'm really looking forward to looking back on the last year and a half and see how much we have learned.

Here are the mission and vision statements I will be using for my portfolio (so far)
Personal Mission Statement

To stretch the school day for my students using technology so that students get personalized, targeted instruction that best meets their abilities and interests. I will do this by creating a web 2.0 site to structure my courses around. The complete overhaul of my 4 different classes will take approximately 4 years and will be done in collaboration with my fellow physics teacher, John Kozicke.

Vision Statement

A “flipped” student centered classroom using moodle

Imagine that it is the start of the 2016 – 2017 school year and you decide to step into my classroom. The students are working in small groups around the room.  Each group is working on a different aspect of the homework and are preparing to present their findings. Some students are using their iPads and laptops to double check the electronic text book for definitions. The text book is an electronic copy of course work and has been formatted in both ePub and PDF so some students are using PDF markup software to do their work electronically.  Other students are using the course website to listen to the lecture they were assigned online. These lectures have been made by me and use the skills and thoughts found at http://vodcasting.ning.com/ where I am a regular poster.  Another group of students are working on the class moodle website on the dynamic problems that change per user based upon skill level. I am working with all of the groups to coordinate the work and answer any questions that may arise. The course is completely student centered and meets the students where they are.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you are attempting to flip your classroom. I would like to see myself move my classroom to a more non-traditional approach also. Your detailed vision makes it clear what you want your classroom to be in the future. Great job!

    ReplyDelete