Sunday, December 12, 2010

Starting CEDO 515

We are now into a class that is all about using productivity tools effectively.  I am a firm believer that technology implemented in the classroom poorly is worse than no technology being used at all.  It was kind of nice to have these sentiments echoed in the first chapter of Supporting Learning with Technology. The chapter of the book outlined some steps to proper implementation in the classroom.  i'm looking forward to evaluating my classroom use of technology since I worry that sometimes I do things with technology just to do them with technology instead of actually improving student learning.

We also are looking at a couple of different productivity software applications that are available online.  i tried out GoAnimate.  You can view the video below.  I am hoping to implement this program in my science 9 class to better have the students demonstrate a couple of different science concepts to me.


GoAnimate.com: CED0515 Wilkinson Animation by JBWilkinson

Like it? Create your own at GoAnimate.com. It's free and fun!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I think many teachers think because they are using technology in their classroom that that is enough. It is not enough. Teachers have to have a good leeson plan, with an objective, and then they can enhance the lesson with technology.

    ReplyDelete